ssh login problem

Kevin Brown kevin_brown@qwest.net
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 15:46:10 -0700

RTFM, man sshd_config

On the boxen I admin, there is a line in the sshd config file
(/etc/ssh/sshd_config) along the lines of AllowRoot.  set it to yes or no.  I
recommend no, just because I don't believe that anything should allow root to
login remotely, just from the console.  Using 'su -' I get to become root and
have all of roots properties (including path).