Interesting MS Comments

Alan Dayley adayley@adtron.com
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 12:54:06 -0700

At 11:24 AM 2/16/01 -0700, you wrote:
>My thoughts exactly, Trent.
>
>Also, who else has more money, power, and influence to mount a legal
>attack against GPL/LGPL/ect.  If they can poke holes in the legal
>protections guaranteed by the Open Source licenses, the end is near.

The end of what?  If I write code, it is mine.  I can license it how I see
fit.  Period.  Unless MS wins a radical change in copyright laws and
constitutional free speech, I don't see what can be done to stop open
source licenses.

Am I not seeing a "spear" that legislators can easily use to "poke holes"
in open source licenses?

Alan