NT5 dual boot

Trent Shipley tshipley@symbio-tech.com
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 09:59:30 -0700

Actually, there is little industrial need for multi-boot systems -- except
maybe in educational labs.  The main use is personal computing.
Dual-booting is actually an inelegant hack dictated by poverty.

However, heterogeneous networking is a *very* marketable skill.  The problem
is getting access to a heterogeneous network  -- you have to be an idiot to
give carte blanche access to a production network.

Would there be any interest in replacing a Thursday meeting with a
combination LAN bash and hands-on heterogeneous networking seminar?  Maybe
over a long weekend?  We could cooperate with ASLUG and maybe get some
corporate sponsorship.

I'm writing a dissertation, but there's a lull right now so I can put in a
few hours of committee time.