Needed , used Monitor for an old PC

Bob George plug@bobspc.dhs.org
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 19:19:12 -0700

Apologies if this shows up twice -- sent it using the wrong account the
first time and got the "pending moderator" notice:

"Eric Richardson" <eric@milagrosoft.com> wrote:

> I've got an old PC I want to use as a server and am looking for monitor
> for cheap as I'm not sure the computer is worth a dime. It accepts power
> and doesn't smoke so I think that is a good sign.

Your timing is excellent: I've just replaced a defective monitor, and I now
find myself officially out of room to store old stuff. I can offer up:

1. A B&W 14" VGA screen. Does 640x480max nicely, but grayscale stuff is
often hard to read. Fine for b&w only stuff though, relatively clear.
2. A Color 14" VGA screen. Does 640x480 OK, but I wouldn't want to stare at
it all day.

As a member of PLUG in good standing, either are yours for free -- assuming
you can pick it up at a convenient (for me) location. I work in Tempe (near
Fry's) most days, and up near Camelback & 24th street. Let me know which
you'd like (if either) and which location works for you. Anybody else is
welcome to the other.

I've also got an old 15" NEC Multisync 3D and 19" HP fixed-frequency display
with AGP video, but would need some cash to part with those. Is there an
"official" PLUG swap meet, or the Boy Scouts?

- Bob