Mandrake v7.2 hangs

Brian Cluff brian@snaptek.com
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 10:22:34 -0700

Hmmm, usually when I get lockups on trying to install mandrake its because
the kernel isn't detecting the proper amount of ram.  I don't see why they
would be a problem with you.. thats a very nice motherboard (Unless its got
some bad ram on it).  You can try and for the board to detect the correct
amount of ram or maybe even less.
at the prompt
linux mem=128M

You will probably have to hit f1 to get the prompt.

You can also try text mode to see is the x server is locking the machine up.
Just type text at the prompt to get that.

Can't think of anything else.... definatly check to see if you have bad ram
though.

Brian Cluff