[OT] -- Fry's and other retailers

kallen3@icircus.net kallen3@icircus.net
Sun, 11 Feb 2001 12:17:03 -0700 (MST)

I've questioned this policy when I've encountered it in other retail
stores. The answer I've gotten was that no one forced you to enter the
store so by entering you have give prior consent to the stop and any
inspection. If you did not want to be stopped or have your purchases
checked then you should have gone someplace else. That has been the
standard answer in about 17 states including Arizona. The best thing to do
is to complain to the store corporate offices. Enough complaints or
reduction in business and stores (and chain of stores) have been know to
stop.