[OT] -- Fry's and other retailers

Craig White craigwhite@azapple.com
Sun, 11 Feb 2001 02:23:44 -0700

-----
I would think that they are on solid legal grounds but of course, an
attorney may beg to differ.

First, they are not subjective, everyone is likewise checked.

Second, they could point out that the amount of pilferage in past x months
makes everyone suspect.

Third, it is private property and when you enter their premises, you
surrender some of your rights to them.

As long as they don't notice the CD's stuffed inside your pants, everything
is OK.

Craig

ps...the girl 'guarding' the door at Fry's the other day was rather
attractive - unfortunately, she didn't try to frisk me.