[OT] -- Fry's and other retailers

Kevin Brown kevin_brown@qwest.net
Sat, 10 Feb 2001 23:47:26 -0700

I know this is off topic, but I was wondering if anyone knew if places like
Fry's and CompUSA really have any legal right to search your purchases before
you leave after you have paid for them.

I was reading around on some of the postings on the web concerning peoples
experiences at Fry's and one poster pointed out that he would just walk past the
"Door Nazis" with his purchase and claimed that they had no legal right to
search you once money for the products had been exchanged (no I can't find the
link again, da** altavista).

oh well, back to figuring out how to get linux to boot again on my work system,
heheh.