array (hardware) question

Jason jkenner@mindspring.com
Fri, 09 Feb 2001 15:52:09 +0000

> Mark wrote:
> I seem to replace more hard drives in clients with smoking offices.
> Smoking offices are still legal in the UK (I moved here from
> Phoenix two years ago), if you can believe that!

Yeah, its craziness. Yesterday at work, a coworker tried to convince
me that Mesa has the no smoking indoors ordniance because it is a
"mormon community". Ironically, it was a mormon who also smoked who
was making this allegation. My responce was "I thought it had more to
do with the fact that it kills innocent bystanders". Later in the day
she was making remarks about the things the "rednecks in Apache
Junction" do (yes, there are entirely too many of them) .. I was like
"they smoke indoors, even in public places!".. hahah.. I was shocked
when I moved here a couple years ago. .. I had thought it was a
Federal law against smoking indoors. No such luck, apparently it was
only a Cali thing.

Anyone know where I can buy little cans of compressed (pure) O2?

I was disgusted to find that people smoke in ALL of the clubs out
here. Used to be that one would take a shower before going out to
party... here, I could reek of used oil from an accident at work, and
no one at any of the clubs would likely notice, due to the pollution
in the air. On the other hand, taking a long vigorous shower AFTER
going to any of these clubs is a definite must, as the crap that comes
out of cigs not only has its own odor, it also acts as a sort of
binder material to stick all sorts of other unpleasant odors to any
nearby material. (At CalPac computers in Ventura, Gary, the
sole-proprietor and otherwise spotlessly clean person, smoked indoors.
I never had the "lingering nasty cig odor" problem there, nor do I
have it when people smoke in otherwise clean homes. Then, clothes just
smell mildly like freshly smoked cigs... which leads me to believe its
the cigs bringing out the worst smells in the lcoal environ...)

BTW:  its always seemed to me that scientifically minded athiests
genreally have better health habits anyways, probably because they see
the obvious need for them more than someone who figures they can abuse
their body, then be "forgiven" later...

--
jkenner @ mindspring . com__
I Support Linux:           _> _  _ |_  _  _     _|