Corrupt /lib/modules dir

Joel Hanger jhanger@uswest.net
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 12:59:53 -0600

Hey all,
	Been a while since my last post...  I've moved to Southern Illinois on a
diving scholarship to Southern Illinois University...  Anyways.. I recently
had a problem... I tried to install kernel 2.4 with it to only panic on boot
up saying it couldn't mount my hard drive... I then went back to 2.2.18 and
it also panics on me... I then successfully (almost) booted 2.2.17 but, it
says it can't locate its proper modules.dep file... as well as giving me
millions of modprobe errors... I also did 'file modules' in the /lib dir...
it said itwas a broken sym link to /targetlib/modules ... so I downloaded
and installed the deb packages for 2.2.17 everything went smooth until
reboot time when the kernel says it can't mount the hard drive.... that is
where I'm at now and am not sure how to fix this problem...
TIA

	Joel Hanger