CD RW recommendation

Jonathan Claxton jzc@primenet.com
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 19:28:13 -0700 (MST)

On Wed, 7 Feb 2001, Michael J. Schweppe wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I was thinking of upgrading my generic beige cd drive to a cd rw.  What
> recommendations are there for brand name and so on?  Currently I'm on
> Red Hat 6.2.

ANy drive from HP, Sony, Ricoh, Plextor and Yamaha. Now... as the
interface, my personal preference is SCSI but if IDE is all you can
afford, make sure it can run DMA. And you want to be able to do a 8x speed
burn. At that speed, you can do a full burn in under 10 mins.

Personally I got two Yamaha SCSI drives on my boxes here.