GDB and debugging techniques

Kevin Buettner kev@primenet.com
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 11:10:51 -0700

On Feb 7, 10:00am, Wacks, David wrote:

> I am training some new c coders (and other languages) on RH6.2 and FreeBSD.
> I use GDB as the primary debugging tool.  Are there better GPL ones out
> there (or easier to learn)?

You could try DDD or insight (see my mail from last night), but these
end up relying on GDB in some fashion.  There are other graphical
front-ends to GDB too.  See

    http://sources.redhat.com/gdb/#gui

> Anyway,  I am trying to set consistent and thorough debugging methods and
> trying to train same.  Anyone know of courses, classes, sites, etc to help?

You might see if any of the links at the above site will help.  (Scroll
down to the bottom of the page and look for "Related sites and links".)

Kevin