GDB and debugging techniques

Lucas Vogel lvogel@exponent.com
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 09:33:45 -0800

Try some of the Linux programming books; I have a wrox book that touches on
gdb in a chapter, try to find some books that cover it a little more deeply.

Speaking of debuggers :) , you might want to look at this article on ddd
too.

http://www.ddj.com/articles/2001/0103/0103a/0103a.htm

Lucas

-----Original Message-----
From: Wacks, David [mailto:David.Wacks@ipni.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2001 10:01 AM
To: 'plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us'
Subject: GDB and debugging techniques

Hi,

I am training some new c coders (and other languages) on RH6.2 and FreeBSD.
I use GDB as the primary debugging tool.  Are there better GPL ones out
there (or easier to learn)?

Anyone know of good sites that teach debugging? One problem I am finding is
that coders today do not know how to debug (this is an overgeneralization
but one I stand by :) I say this in the same breath that ASP is MS way of
keeping the VB coders employable. *DUCK*

Anyway,  I am trying to set consistent and thorough debugging methods and
trying to train same.  Anyone know of courses, classes, sites, etc to help?

Thanks,
Dave