not allowing to su

J.L.Francois jlf@magusnet.gilbert.az.us
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 20:14:37 -0700

Look at:

man login.defs

JLF Sends...

It seems like on Tue, Feb 06, 2001 at 10:58:20AM -0700, Donald Martinez scribbled:
Orig Msg> I know that in  freebsd you have to allow a user to be able to su to
Orig Msg> root. I just installed debian on a machine and want to be able to do the
Orig Msg> same thing.
Orig Msg> To allow a user to su you have to add them to the wheel group in freebsd
Orig Msg> if my memory serves me correctly, but I don't see anything like that
Orig Msg> here in debian.
Orig Msg>
Orig Msg> Can someone help, I only want one user to be able to su to root and
Orig Msg> nobody else , and I want to use linux :)
Orig Msg>
Orig Msg> Thanks in advance,
Orig Msg>
Orig Msg> Donald
Orig Msg>
Orig Msg>

Jean Francois - JLF Sends...
President & CEO - MagusNet, Inc., MagusNet.com, MagusNet.Gilbert.AZ.US
MagusNet, Inc. - Design * Develop * Integrate
if ( $make_world || $make_build )
then
{
$HAVE_FUN = $BUILD_FLAVOR{$BSD};
}
else
{
print "Sorry can't do that with this OS";
}