array (hardware) question

foodog foodog@qwest.net
Mon, 05 Feb 2001 20:44:08 -0700

Mike, I had the same experience w/ Redhat, probably 6.1 beta.  I got the
following advice, but had already moved on to a supported non-RAID
controller.  Anyway:

>>   I've pretty much given up on it for now but I was wondering if
>> you could recall where you saw info on using the AAA-131U2 under Linux?
>> So far I've come up with nada (and the RH6.? beta doesn't support it).
>
>I believe the driver is the aacraid driver mentioned in:
>
>	http://www.redhat.com/support/errata/RHSA-2000-037-05.html

I just checked the link and it mentions the 131U2.  I'm using several of
them in production with Netware servers and they're very nice.  I'm
hoping you haven't returned it yet and will tell me how you got it
going.

Good luck!

One thing I wonder is how you'd determine if one of the drives failed.
The stuff I'm most familiar with came from DEC/Compaq and has beeps,
amber lights, everything but a little guy screaming "A drive failed!"
:-)
Steve