Hard DSL Outage, MagusNet, Inc. is down

der.hans der.hans@LuftHans.com
Sun, 4 Feb 2001 11:24:48 -0700 (MST)

Am 03. Feb, 2001 schwäzte Jean Fracois so:

> If anyone can recommend another, more stable DSL
> service, please let me know.

Jean try Jon Gauthier <jon@wwc.com>. He's one of the local guys reselling
the Ricochet stuff. 256k wireless, mobile connection. You could load all
of magusnet into your bronco and take the anon proxy on the road ;-).

Upload is only 64 - 128 k, so that sucks, but it's still better than
dialup. Also better than my current connection :).

Startup cost is something like $300 - 500 depending on whether or not you
get USB or PCMCIA interface. Linux has drivers for the latter as it's a
known chipset and a ppp connection (so I've read). Recurring is $70/mo.

They now have coverage in Gilbert (where you are) and Mesa as well as
partial coverage in Tempe to go with the Phoenix coverage they've had for
a while.

Don't know what their latency is.

They could have you up Mon afternoon. I'm looking at doing this for my
home setup because speed choice offers pretty well zero support at this
point, so if something breaks it seems it'll stay broken :(.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com   home.pages.de/~lufthans/   www.YourCompanyHere.net ;-)
# "... the social skills of a cow on acid." - der.hans