Amanda backup system?

plug@arcticmail.com plug@arcticmail.com
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 00:56:41 -0700

Luvitluvitluvitluvitluvit.  Especially with a
33G spool disk and a 7-tape DLT changer.  I
STRONGLY recommend having a spool disk to save
wear and tear on your tape drive from backhitching.
See ecrix.com for details on backhitching, then
go out and buy the largest drive available to
use as your spool.

The number one thing on my (and I'm sure every
other Amanda user's) wish list is better security.
One might be able to rig something with ssh, but
from what I've been told, if you have a secure
box (and you want it to remain that way ;) ) don't
run Amanda.  I reckon for a secure box your best
bet would prolly be a directly-attached tape drive.