Opnix is hiring!

Jiva DeVoe jiva@opnix.com
Thu, 1 Feb 2001 11:36:32 -0700

Yes we did.  Basically, we have refocused the company on our
technology as opposed to bandwidth.  This means that though we had a
few layoffs of people who were specifically related to our bandwidth
portion of the business, we are still building cool technology, and
are actively hiring geeks.

In fact, the truth is, this makes the geek-to-marketdroid ratio at
Opnix MUCH more favorable to the geeks.  Really it makes Opnix more of
a technology company, rather than "just another bandwidth company."
Using a bandwidth model, in 2 years, we'd wind up with 200 marketing
and sales people, and maybe 40 geeks.  In our new model, in 2 years,
we'll have 200 geeks and maybe 40 or 50 marketing people.

What this means is we still are definitely hiring coders, and
engineers.  We have some tremendously exciting LINUX based technology
that we will be developing and building our business on.  As John
said, any of us would be happy to come out and talk about the
technology at a PLUG meeting if you guys are interested.  Let us know!
:)