SMP Problems

Julian M Catchen plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 12:03:28 -0700

Some dual processor motherboards are buggy with their APIC stuff.  You
could try booting with the "noapic" option.  It is listed in the folowing
doc in the kernel source: linux/Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt.

For info on how to do that, see the kernel bootprompt howto:
http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/BootPrompt-HOWTO.html

julian

--
mail : julian @ catchen.org         | ( topeka )
www  : http://catchen.org/topeka/   |  phx, az

 And if cynics ridicule freedom, ridicule community...if "hard nosed
 realists" say that profit is the only ideal...just ignore them, and use
 copyleft all the same.
                       -- RMS