Dodge Super8 Hemi

John (EBo) David plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 08:58:41 -0700

Rusty Carruth wrote:

> > an interesting side note to this would be the use of a
> > secured linux box as a black box recording the vehicles
> > various sensors. could prove very useful in accident
>
> Well, on a slightly different note, there is something called
> APRS - amateur position reporting system.  (Its a ham radio
> thing.)  What it does is use a gps receiver, a ham packet
> controller, and a ham transciever to report, once per
> minute, your position.  (To the world)  There are web sites
> where you can go look at the APRS activity in an area,
> including locations of various hams.  (Search for APRS
> or Amateur Position REporting System in your favourite
> search engine)

Hmmm... it has been awhile, but I'll have to look back into this...
Also remember that amature radio has the AX.25 protocal for packet
transfer built in...  So you could run linux in you trunk too.

A project I would REALLY like to do is replicate the autonomous car that
the dude in Itally built using a Linux box...

  EBo --