sklyarov

Alan Dayley plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 29 Aug 2001 09:55:00 -0700

At 09:43 AM 8/29/01 -0700, you wrote:
>One of the most direct ways of getting rid of the DMCA is for Skylarov's
>case to get to the supreme court. The .us prosecution ( especially if they
>go overboard asking for 25 years, etc. ) will help it get there quicker.
>Those prosecutors might actually be on our side :).

This is exactly my hope.  I hope that the prosecutors know the DMCA is bad
law and now have a case to use as a means of getting it thrown out.  Kind
of funny to think of prosecutors hoping to "lose" a case as a way of
getting a law thrown out.  Probably a long shot hope but I don't think it
is a long shot that the law will be struct down.

Alan