ARTICLE: Every AZ student to get Microsoft Office

John (EBo) David plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 30 Aug 2001 06:44:41 -0700

Nathan England wrote:

> Well, I was only joking for the whole thing, but maybe that's not such a
> bad idea after all.  Make some flyers, get some mandrake and red hat cds
> and hand those out.  Just keep the deb/slack cd's in thr truck for the
> ones who make little comments.

How about *this* for a group project:

  1) Collect the applications that are needed for each educational group
(1-5,6-8,9-12, and possibly 13-16)

  2) configure it as a bootable business card or regular CD.

  3) burn some nice samples, hell I'd even be willing to break out the
old silkscreen press and print them up with some nice graphic (but
***please*** limit the design to 1-2 colors, I *might* be willing to do
a standard 4 color on a very limited basis).

  4) show up to the kickoff with an alternative.  Picture the stunned
look on their faces when you pull a CD out of your wallet, boot up a
machine, do your work, save it to floppy/zip/CDRW, and you are on your
way...

> Seriously, anyone up for missing a day of work to protest under the nice
> arizona sun? We could even bring flyers about DS and the whole DMCA
> case.  Tell them they better enjoy the computers because their libraries
> are going away...
>
> Hmm, that just gave me a question. I'm sure most of you have heard the
> junk about the copyright owners and pro DMCA people looking to getting
> rid of libraries,

what?!?! you're joking right?

  EBo --