Qworst DSL - Liars!

Linux plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 29 Aug 2001 21:26:24 -0700

They told me they were taping my DLS order confirmation.  Based on that and
having the person's name I would suspect that would be enough to validate
the taping.  If they say they don't have it then I can say "see there is
your evidence of their intentional deception!".  However it is still my word
against theirs.

The bottom line is we are talking about less than $200.00.  It would cost
you several hundred to just file.  If you use an attorney it would cost
$2500 just to get things started.  They know that.

On my recent QWest bill I was charged over $20.00 by MCI.  QWest says they
are only the "pass through" and only enforce payment to include
disconnecting my service.  They say they do not handle disputes.  MCI says I
am not their customer and they have no record of the bill.  They refuse to
handle any dispute.  ATT is actually my long distance carrier.

So what did I do?  I filed a complaint with the ACC and they seem to be
following up on it.  I've spent much more time than it is worth.  Why do I
pursue it?  I feel like I am being held hostage.  I also hope I am part of a
large group of people that will take the time to file a complaint.  The only
power we have is in number.

Keith

*!* Message: 2
*!* Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 03:25:19 +0000
*!* From: Jason <jkenner@mindspring.com>
*!* To: plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
*!* Subject: Re: Qworst DSL - Liars!

*!* Thats probably the EXACT reason why they dont tape them all, only a
*!* few percent of them. If they tape them all of the time as policy, it
*!* will be known that tapes are available for suponea. If its random,
*!* they just erase it and state that it was never taped to start with.

*!* Linux wrote:
*!* > Why not just subpoena their tape?  That is what it is for right?
Quality
*!* > control?  Your disputing their quality and you want control.
*!* >
*!* > This is just the example of why the yellow pages is half attorneys.
*!* >
*!* > I submit there is a good argument that you are doing business with an
*!* > Arizona company from Arizona so Arizona law should apply.
*!* >
*!* > Now the million dollar question.  Since it is illegal in MT to record
*!* > conversation without the consent of all parties, what do the police
do?
*!* > What about the 911 operator, fire, police, undercover ETC?
*!* >
*!* > And what about those missing minutes from the Nixon tapes?

*!* --
*!* jkenner @ mindspring . com__
*!* I Support Linux:           _> _  _ |_  _  _     _|
*!* Working Together To       <__(_||_)| )| `(_|(_)(_|
*!* To Build A Better Future.       |                   <s>