Booklet printing

Don Livingston plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 29 Aug 2001 20:05:10 -0700

Hey, Comrades,

Do we have a GNU app somewhere that will let me do booklet printing?  What
I'm looking for is a way to write a book so that the pages are in straight
numerical order, then have it print so that there are two printed pages on
each side of each 8.5x11 piece of paper with page numbers such that I can
take a paper cutter down the middle, bind them, and then have a booklet with
pages that read in normal numerical order.

Oddly enough, there was neat macro back in WordPerfect 5.1 for DOS (which I
loved).  Can't figure out how to do it in StarOffice, AbiWord, KWord, or
anything.  Heck, I'd even do LaTex.  Well, maybe.  The book has a lot of
specific space layout it requires, so...

Any thoughts?  Don.