Linux Picnic

Nathan England plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
29 Aug 2001 09:34:09 -0700

On my earlier note about going so far east for th picnic I finally got
to the park and looked around.  This is awesome.  They have two very
large basketball courts, volleyball courts, several large baseball
fields, a nice area for young kids, and the best part...  A water area
for playing.  Not sure how to explain it.  An exhibit of sorts with
sprinklers and little fountains all over, and when you press certain
weight sensored pads on the tarmac it begins spraying water through it's
court out different fountains, almost randomly.  Which is very nice,
specially if it's going to be hot.  This park is gorgeous and well kept.

Mountain Vista Park

48th Street and Knox Road (or Ray and I-10, depending where you come
from, multiple points of entry)
(602) 262-6111 (South District)
Basketball, lit; Picnic Area; Playground; Restrooms; Softball, lit;
Volleyball, lit

The Phoenix Parks, Recreation and Library Department operates more than
200 parks throughout the city, including six desert-mountain parks. (See
Mountain Parks listing) City parks are open to the public from 5:30 a.m.
to midnight daily.

Alcohol permits for Phoenix parks are available at all Parks District
Offices (see park offices listing) and at the Parks, Recreation and
Library Department on the 16th floor of Phoenix City Hall, 200 W.
Washington St. Permits are $10.00. Beer is permitted only in outdoor
facilities and no glass containers are permitted.

/* Are these permits per group of so many people? Or per person?

The Parks, Recreation and Library Department offers a variety of
volunteer opportunities for persons ages 13 and older. Call (602)
262-4530, (602) 262-6713 (TDD) for more information.

http://www.ci.phoenix.az.us/PARKS/parks.html

though I'd really like to go here because it's so nice and close to my
house, I'm still rooting for encanto, because of it's central location.
But otherwise, this I feel would be nice..  Like I said, it's over 7.5
acres, so it's plenty big.

courtesy of Jim:

--
 "Ah, lives there a man with soul so dead, who never to himself hath
said,