Qworst DSL - Liars!

Eric plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 10:21:47 -0800

Whoa, slow down Nathan.  We're all just having fun.  Shoot your mouth off
anytime you feel like it  :)  I do it all the time! And I often get myself
into trouble.

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-discuss-admin@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
[mailto:plug-discuss-admin@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us]On Behalf Of Nathan
England
Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2001 9:04 AM
To: plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Subject: RE: Qworst DSL - Liars!

Before I look like a *complete* ass, I'd like to get this one stricken
from the record.  This is my personal fault for trying to do too many
things at once.

First off, the first part was a joke, the tell them afterwards thing, I
know that's illegal..

Then I got called away and was working on three emails at once, and came
back added the second without explaining real well, and was called away
again, finally returning to send it with out finishing.

Sorry it came out the way it did.  I'll pay better attention next time.
Now that I read it myself, I'm confused at where I was when I typed it.

I did tape a conversation between payson ad Bakersfield, but it was a
little more intricate than just Arizona call..
I understand your point that you can't tell where the call is coming
from.  Just the point I meant was the lawyer who I spoke with was
telling me that if I called them, then I was the originator of the call
and it was coming from me. (Arizona)

But this is why I'm not a lawyer, I don't know this stuff, and don't
really care enough to pay attention, unless it affects me specifically.
My downfall I guess.
I'll stay out of the law stuff from now on.
I apologize for jumping the gun.

nathan

On 28 Aug 2001 08:59:48 -0700, Nathan England wrote:

> I have an idea.  As to not change the tone of the person you are talking
> to, why not record the conversation, then after words tell them, "i have
> recoreded this conversation, are you okay with this?"
> If you tell them first, they will either be prepared and change their
> story, or take the 5th..  If you tell them afterwards, they can turn you
> away, but I know for a fact that in Arizona you only have to know, and
> the other party does not.  Doesn't matter where they are, the call is
> taking place in Arizona..
> I had to do this same thing once between Payson and Bakersfield CA, and
> the same thing came up.  We talked to a lawyer and he said it didn't
> matter, if we record it in Arizona and we make the call, it's arizona
> law.  We recorded, didn't say anything, and won the case.. using the
> tape of course.
>
> nathan
>

> On 28 Aug 2001 08:31:01 -0800, Eric wrote:
> > "Furmanek, Greg" wrote:
> > >
> > > You can also ask them a question about the
> > > recording:
> > >
> > > "I have just heard that the conversation may be recorded.
> > > Are you aware of this fact?"
> > >
> > > Wouldn't that make the consent?
> >
> > >probably...  I Would ask a laywer...  Wasn't there one around?  Does he
> > >know, or is this out of his specialty?
> >
> > I suppose you are referring to me.  I think the question is a trick one.
> > The qwest-liar IS aware that qwest may tape-record the conversation.
But
> > the qwest-liar is not aware that YOU may be taping it.  Which "fact" is
> > being referred to here?  Judges don't like that kind of stuff.
> >
> > You can try that and see what happens if you want to.  For myself, my
main
> > concern is to but qwest-liars.  So I would want to do it right the first
> > time, and not expose myself to liability.  Just non-chalantly find out
which
> > state they are in.  If good, then tape it.  If not, then have the
saleperson
> > remit an e-mail setting forth all details you care about in writing.
This