Qworst DSL - Liars!

Eric plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 08:31:01 -0800

"Furmanek, Greg" wrote:

> You can also ask them a question about the
> recording:
>
> "I have just heard that the conversation may be recorded.
> Are you aware of this fact?"
>
> Wouldn't that make the consent?

>probably...  I Would ask a laywer...  Wasn't there one around?  Does he
>know, or is this out of his specialty?

I suppose you are referring to me.  I think the question is a trick one.
The qwest-liar IS aware that qwest may tape-record the conversation.  But
the qwest-liar is not aware that YOU may be taping it.  Which "fact" is
being referred to here?  Judges don't like that kind of stuff.

You can try that and see what happens if you want to.  For myself, my main
concern is to but qwest-liars.  So I would want to do it right the first
time, and not expose myself to liability.  Just non-chalantly find out which
state they are in.  If good, then tape it.  If not, then have the saleperson
remit an e-mail setting forth all details you care about in writing.  This
is not hard, and it is legal.  I cannot imagine that a sales person would
refuse to do it, and if they do, then maybe that is because they know they
are lying.  That is why they are qwest-liars.  Or just ask them if you can
tape the conversation.  Watch them studder when you do...