daily backup

Craig White plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 23:53:43 -0700

trying to get a basic shell script down...

#!/bin/sh
cd /samba; find . -depth -print | /bin/cpio -oa --block-size=512 \
--format=newc --verbose -O /dev/st0 > /etc/backup/DailyTapeLog

question 1 - how do I direct the 2&>1 output to this file
/etc/backup/DailyTapeLog?

question 2 - is there some better scripts / ideas for a SCSI Tape
backup? I eventually want to have a series of scripts that I can set up
in cron.

installed amanda - looks good - a bit of a bother - no webmin module -
webmin module is good for customer. This is from a cpio module for
webmin which is rather basic but it gets it done and allows someone to
point & click restore (file pattenrn matching) if necessary. I did a
backup and restore to make sure that it works and it actually works.

Craig