Highspeed ISP not in Phx area?

Rusty Carruth plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 22:38:26 -0700 (MST)

Ok, now for a question I bet I know the answer to, but
I've got to ask anyway:

So, if I were to move somewhere outside the Phx area,
but require DSL or better connectivity, what are my
options?

Constraints:

	would like to be < 3 hours (actually I'd like it to be
		< 1.5 hours) from Tempe.
	want the area to be cooler than Phx (much!), and prefer
		pine tree type area
	want DSL or faster.
	want 3 br plus office (will build if needed)
	want 3+ acres (basically we want a 'hobby farm' for
		my wife and kids)
	shooting for 1-2 years before moving to such a place.
	want all this for around $200,000 (i.e house/land - I know
		the DSL will be monthly ;-)

Am I dreaming or just totally insane?

Or, will I have to actually MAKE rangenet happen?  (Rangenet is
a crazy idea I dreamed up, partially just FOR this kind of situation,
as we mentioned here a while back.  Its actually on sourceforge if
you wanna go look/join the discussion (what little there's been!)

rc