Newbie Classes

Matt Alexander plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 17:20:33 -0700 (PDT)

Yes!  I'd definitely volunteer my time to help out with something like
this.  I'd want to run a lot of ads and make sure that we had a decent
turnout, however.  We might even be able to get Computer Science
instructors at ASU and the local community colleges to handout a flyer in
class about it.  I know there are a lot of people that have heard about
Linux and are curious what it can do for them, but we just need to reach
them somehow...  I used to work for an ISP and we'd send out a monthly
newsletter and mention the "Introductory Linux" class I taught occasionally.
Anyone have connections like that where you can reach a lot of people
easily?  It was interesting how many of the people attending my class were
actually computer science instructors...   :-)  Apparently they
wanted to learn more about it so they could teach it themselves at school.
~M