problems burning other than .iso files

Thomas Mondoshawan Tate plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 16:55:15 -0700

--45Z9DzgjV8m4Oswq

> where would the sense code be at.... unless its that bunch of hex digits
> it prints right before I get the error message.

Yep. That should be it. It should be a series of hex digits enclosed in
brackets.

> as for the drive, its an HP - cdwriter 8000+ cdr/w (4x2x12)

Okay, I'll see about doing some research about this particular model --
IIRC, not many people have had much luck with that particualr model.

> other than that, I didn't have the url for the page
> you mention. on top of everything else, my network has been
> real flaky today (thanks a bunch to qwest for losing my account,=20
> AGAIN!).=20

Erm... The URL's really easy to find -- just head over to
http://www.freshmeat.net and enter "cdrecord" into the search field. Then
just click on the "homepage" icon. The direct link is
http://www.fokus.gmd.de/research/cc/glone/employees/joerg.schilling/private=
/cdrecord.html

As for QWest losing your account, I'd say switch to another ISP -- I'm
seriously considering doing that myself since they've decided to switch us =
DSL
Megabit Deluxe consumers forcefully over to MSN.

> I haven't tried it with the generic/mmc-raw modes yet. I just don't
> like having to resort to winblows to get something done that should
> be easily accomplished in linux.

Give the generic/mmc-raw modes a try -- might work.

As for the ease of accomplishment under Linux, I think I'll leave that
subject alone because that's a flame war waiting to happen.
*puts on flame retardant clean-room suit*
Okay, have fun guys -- I'm going to go back to building another distro from
scratch. =3Dop

--=20
Thomas "Mondoshawan" Tate
phoenix@psy.ed.asu.edu