problems burning other than .iso files HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Technomage plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 11:01:50 -0700

I keep getting a problem and don't see any clear way around it
other than sticking the cd-burner in a windows box (you don't want me
to do this!!!).

I keep getting the following whenever I try to burn a disk format
that requires DAO (Disk At Once). I can burn track-at-once all day long
with no problem, but I cannot burn any other way than this, which
makes burning a VCD impossible.

the following is the report that gcombust reports. it is the same type
of report that cdrdao and xcdroast also report.

usr/sbin/cdrecord: input/output error. select g1: scsi sndcommand:
retryable error
status: 0x0 [GOOD]

then cdrecord spits out the following:
warning! using default cdwrite parameter data
cannot open new session
fifo has 64 puts and 0 gets
fifo was 0 times empty and 0 times full, min fill was 100%

at this point, the machine simply spits out the disk without
ever writing any data on it at all.

I have tried for 3 days to solve this without successs. my
only option is to remove the device from my machine and place it
within the windows box and use NERO BURNING ROM (junk software at best).

I would rather not have to do this!!!

if someone can please help, I'd appreciate it

Technomage Hawke

numbered!
My life is my own - No. 6