mix and match RAM

KevinO plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 26 Aug 2001 20:06:31 -0700

"der.hans" wrote:

> moin, moin,
>
> I've got a couple of boards that have 3.3V slots, but I have a bunch of 5.0V
> RAM. Can the RAM be used in those boards? If so, what are the consequences,
> e.g do they run slower?

They probably won't even go into the sockets. Hold them up next to the
3.3 volt modules and look at the notches at the bottom.

Since the 5v variety is getting harder/more expensive to find, perhaps
you can trade them to someone who needs them in exchange for the 3.3s,
which are cheap and common. (see crucial.com )

--
Kevin O'Connor

She can kill all your files;
She can freeze with a frown.
And a wave of her hand brings the whole system down.
And she works on her code until ten after three.
She lives like a bat but she's always a hacker to me.
                -- Apologies to Billy Joel