mix and match RAM

Craig n Judy Boone plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 26 Aug 2001 20:00:45 -0700 (PDT)

They won't work.  They're not even supposed to be
keyed the same for the slots (the middle DIMM notch is
offset slightly).  If you do manage to wedge them in,
chances are the system won't boot.  Also, the pin
configuration could short the slots or the MB.  Stick
with the right specs for happy computing. :-)

Ciao,
C-