OT: Re: Vulnerability Count

John (EBo) David plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 25 Aug 2001 12:43:00 -0700

Gary Nichols wrote:

> LOL - hey anyone remember the backdoor that the author of (unnamed --
> but you former C64 users know which one) BBS had so he could login and
> shutdown unlicensed sites?    :-)
>
> (not that I or any of my 12 year old friends at the time ran
> unauthorized copies of any BBS software)
>
> *wink*
>
> On Sat, 2001-08-25 at 12:24, John (EBo) David wrote:
> > Jason wrote:

> > > When was the last time you saw a new remote exploit for software
> > > written to run on an Apple 2 or a C64?
> > >
> > > (Yes, such things existed, just with dialup BBSes rather than TCP/IP..
> > > )
> >
> > cool...  I wonder if anyone could adapt CR to infect giga-pets!

I always wanted to see if I gould hack the firmware of a gigapet so I
could use it for something useful like to run a sprinkler system, sense
people coming/going from a room and switch between a night light and the
overhead brights...

But of course the most appropriate application would be to set up a room
full of munkies and see if they can write a sonnet by spewing random
characters and parsing it with a parser down the pipe ;-)

 EBo --