Advice Please: SAXON, Xalan, JADE, LaTeX, and XSL:FO

Trent Shipley plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 24 Aug 2001 15:03:19 -0700

Thanks!

I appreciate it greatly.

I looked at DocBook pretty carefully already.  I'd have to do a tremendous
amount of customization to get it to work.

I haven't given TEI nearly as much scrutiny, though I did download and print
the spec.  My impression is that it has almost everything I need and would
require only modest customization.

Maturity is much more important that forward compatibility and somewhat more
important than acquiring marketable skills.  After all, the Dissertation is
due in November and I only have to write it once.

Trent Shipley

Personal:
mailto:tshipley@u.arizona.edu
http://www.u.arizona.edu/~tshipley/