Looking for GUI designer generator

Trent Shipley plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 24 Aug 2001 14:40:54 -0700

We spend a lot of time tailoring our user interface so that it is _j-u-s-t
s-o_ for the next customer.

It would be nice to just hand them the components and say "Here! Build your
own @#$% user interface."  The same is true about reports, but more so.

<Generic Widget Cannery GWC>

What I'd really like is a generic (or abstract) GUI layout tool --
free-to-me-but-not-to-you (Berkeley class license)-- toolkit that would let
me take a generic widget shape, attach it to a predefined class and then
bundle it all together in a canned VB-esque task delimited tool that would
be proprietary.  It would be a layout and design meta-tool to package code
into a canned GUI kit.  Windows and widgets in a box -- no programming
needed.

(Actually, an MS licensed development tool would go over even better in this
shop than portable freeware.)

<How would I search for specified development tool?>

Trent Shipley

Work:
(602) 522-7502
mailto:tshipley@symbio-tech.com