Redhat choosing Ext3fs for RH7.2

Kevin Brown plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 21:37:08 -0700

I caught this link on Slashdot the other day and (not to start a flame war) was
wondering what people thought of ext3fs for large drives.

http://linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2001-08-22-004-20-NW-RH

The reason I'm asking is that my company is looking to get a new server with 4
73GB Ultra3 SCSI drives.  This will be a replacement/add-on server in the server
room running Linux as a database/web machine.  We have a Quad PII450 Xeon
running RH6.2 and it can take quite a long time to fsck the 60GB of current
space that it has when it boots up from something bad (Can't recall this ever
happening while I've been there).