Tivo - The spiffy Linux Box

Brian Cluff plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 22 Aug 2001 23:35:42 -0700 (MST)

> I was speculating with someone - is Tivo capable of simultaneous playing
> and recording in highest quality mode?

Yup, I do it every day.  There seems to be no problems what so ever.

> and also - judging from the tivohack web site - it seems that tinkering
> isn't all that difficult.

The guts of the thing are for the most part off the shelf.  They arent
using any proprietary connections to the hard drive like most 1 use
devices are these days, and if I remember right, the power supply
connection was fairly standard as well, although the power supply itself
is very small.

Brian Cluff