Tivo - The spiffy Linux Box

Brian Cluff plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 22 Aug 2001 13:39:09 -0700

I just got e-mailed that Tivo has knocked $100 off the price of their units
again.  So the 30 hour one is $249  (Damn that sucks I paid $400+ for the 14
hour one that I demoed at the plug meeting.)
Anyway,  for anyone that was wanting one, but thought the price was a little
too steep...  They are doing free shipping too

Also for anyone interested.  I am not running a 91 hour Tivo.  If you are
interested in doing an upgrade, I would be more than happy to help you do
that.
Tivo is has also revved their software since I did the demo, and I can tell
you that its waaaaay better than it was when i demoed it.  It's got a ton of
coflict resolution, and very cool wish list stuff that will let you pick
shows based of type of show, actor/ess and zillions of combinations of the
stuff  (ie you can have the tivo setup to grab any movie that has george
carlin in it and is also a comedy).

Here's the info you will need:

http: www.tivo.com/order or call 1-877-806-0883.

Brian Cluff