Zip drive access in mandrake 8.0

Clayton Stapleton plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 22 Aug 2001 13:18:32 -0700

I am also have this problem! According to a description on Tucows
"Supermount cannot only mount a file system on demand, changing
to the directory of the CD-ROM for example, it also allows you to
eject and change the media without unmounting it. The result is that
almost anyone can understand how to use a floppy or CD-ROM on
the system, and they do not need special privileges." This does not
offer any help. I tried to change the groups for the cd-rom, floppy
and the zip to users in the /mnt directory as root. It did not work, it
said there is no file or directory and would not change. The file sizes
for these are 0.
Clay Stapleton