(GNU/)Linux [Re: Dutch to sue Micro$oft...]

Digital Wokan plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 18:11:58 -0700

Someone made a reply that looked like an English teacher correcting
grammer.  This hasn't really been a flame war though.  More like an
examination of the evolution of [GNU] Linux and a rehash of the
arguments why people do / do not use the GNU prefix.  (Though I may have
put my tongue too far into my cheek with the GNU/BSD/Artistic/... Linux
message.)  A flame war usually devolves into people calling each other
names.  What we've had here is a refreshingly civil discussion of the
topic.