OT: Contracting companies

George Toft plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 14:53:52 -0700

Hi John,

Working in reverse order . . .

I dealt with Atlantis Partners for about a week.  I then posed a
question similar to your on AZIPA.  Of the 11 responses I received,
10 were negative, 1 was positive.  I figure they saw my posting, because
I haven't heard from them since.  With a 9% satisfaction rating, I'm
not too worried about them not calling me anymore.

I have a hidden web site that one might call the "AMEX Refugees" -
contractors that have discovered the downside to contracting.  One
year ago, our group had 75 employees and 140 contractors.  Now we
have 68 employees, and 23 contractors.  That is an 85% attrition
rate - being a contractor is not something I would recommend to
anyone right now.  Keep in mind, AMEX is very people-oriented -
they will not lay off their employees until the last contractor is
gone.

(If you are still interested) I work for Thor, Inc, and they are highly
regarded by the other contractors I work with.  Tracey (Branch
Manager) treats us well, she feeds us at least once per month, and
brings us edible presents on the holidays.  You can call her at
602-230-1035, but let me tell you, the contracting market is very
tight right now.  Don't worry - I don't get a referral fee if you
call.

I am well suited for contracting in that my family's medical is
provided for life by the Government, and I have a small retirement
income, so I will not starve.  If your finances can let you survive
without an income for a few weeks, give it a shot.

George