How do I remove the following file...

John (EBo) David plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 09:33:44 -0700

"David A. Sinck" wrote:

> \_ SMTP quoth Steven M. Klass on 8/21/2001 08:07 as having spake thusly:
> \_
> \_ Hey all..
> \_
> \_ $ ls
> \_ \033:\033\033::q   Space/               lcm.c                 resume.html
> \_ Personal/          home.tar.gz          readme.txt
> \_
> \_ How do I remove the file  \033:\033\033::q

well... one of the things I do so that I make sure that I am NOT going
to screp up again and remove something VERY important is I creat a
subdirectory, move everything into it, move the stuff I want to keep
back out of it, verify that I only have stuff in the subdirectory that I
want blown away then kill that.  It is a little long winded, but I've
shot to many holes in my foot by messing up removing these files...

To recap:

mkdir scratch

mv * scratch

cd scratch