Network Engineer

Eric plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 17:36:25 -0800

tanks hans,

But seems like the RHCE is pretty difficult, relative to many users at
least; but maybe not relative to some people on this list.  No? At least
with RHCE (as I understand it), it is your practical skills that get you
passed rather than simply some multiple choice questions which can almost
all be answered with deduction/process-of-elimination alone.  I say this
because of the hands-on portion of the RHCE test.

I already have the home network going.  W2K/RH/Solaris with Samba in effect,
and NFS on the way.  As soon as I get a static IP, I am going to set up a
VPN.  I am sure I will have questions for you guys on that one, as the
HOW-TO looks tricky.  Currently I am also trying to set up RH to be SSH
server, with authentication by public key crypto rather than simple
password.  Just configured PGP yesterday; no big deal really, but I will be
posting a question to this list later tonight in regard to one specific
issue I encountered.  So LDAP is crucial?  I was not aware of that...

BTW, if PLUG (i.e., PLUG the legal entity) ever needs any legal help, I am
available.  It's the least I can do for some of the questions I have asked,
or will ask.  I am not licensed to practice, but that does not mean, in
Arizona at least, that I cannot offer advice, however shoddy, and (try to)
answer specific legal issues.  It just means I can't represent myself as an
attorney (which I don't), and cannot represent others in court.

eric