trivnet1??? (port 8200)

Rusty Carruth plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 00:11:40 -0700 (MST)

Ok, so I just installed mandrake freq (based on mandrake 8.0) onto
my soon-to-be-new firewall machine (a screaming p100 -wooo woo ;-)

Now, I'm working on making it secure.  So, I did the old netstat -a
and I see this trivnet1 thingy listening on port 8200.

So, what in the WORLD is trivnet, and how do I turn it off???

(Everything else is expected, as follows:

Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State
tcp        0      0 *:www-http              *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:ssh                   *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:smtp                  *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:https                 *:*                     LISTEN

this is the offender:

tcp        0      0 *:trivnet1              *:*                     LISTEN)

Thanks for any insight folks have...

rc