Question regarding Linux kernels 2.2 and 2.4

Kurt Granroth plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 10:41:20 -0700

On Friday 17 August 2001 10:21 am, Nathan England wrote:
> The only program I've ever used is cdrecord.  Use that!  I've heared
> Nero is good, but don't know.  Cdrecord is my only experience. And I've
> only made one coaster.

cdrecord (with xcdroast or koncd) always worked perfectly for me for all my
data CD needs.  I had to switch my burner to my Windows box after I started
burning VCDs, however, since I couldn't find a *decent* VCD burner on Linux.
On Windows, I first tried whatever came with my burner (don't remember) but
was *not* impressed.  I downloaded Nero and was blown a way.  It is far and
away the best CD burner I've ever seen or used.  It has every option under
the sun -- even menus for VCDs :-)

Too bad it's not open source and Windows only :-(
            KDE -- Conquer Your Desktop