Complete Linux System on a CD

John (EBo) David plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 15 Aug 2001 21:45:17 -0700

"Derek A. Neighbors" wrote:

> Of course GNU\Linux is for extremists.. So lets give the extreme of this...
>
> http://www.lnx-bbc.org/
>
> Thats right, Debian Based Bootable Business Card. ;)  So you can hand
> someone something size of a business card that has a working version of
> bootable Debian. Not to mention it dummies a rescue disk.  Moral of
> story, "Debian GNU\Linux", dont leave home without it. ;)

yep... that is on my list of things to play with ;-)

BTW, You might also be interested in Gibralter (a firewall that boots
off of a CD and reads/writes configuration info to a floppy).

Now my next question is I want to replace a lilo boot floppy with a CD.
can someone point me to a FAQ or manual on how to do this?

 Thanks,

 EBo --