Secure IMAP

Craig White plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 15 Aug 2001 09:45:17 -0700

Nathan England wrote:

> Does anyone know where to find good documentation on setting up secure
> imap?  Not from an ISP, but between my laptop and my personal imap
> server.  I've found some documentation, but it's a little confusing.
> Thanks!
>
> Nathan

depends upon your distro - redhat 7.1 it works out of the box with the
only problem being the non-descript certificate presented doesn't jibe
with the hostname/ip address so it presents an alert box in Outlook.

is openssl installed?

and which version of imap are you using?  You will probably need to
check on your distribution for the specific imap package you are using
Cyrus, UW or ???

Craig