Sound Card drivers

Craig White plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 12 Aug 2001 07:41:23 -0700

You must shut off the integrated sound in BIOS if you plan to use another
card for sound. Otherwise, you will run out of interrupts in a hurry.

You can run kudzu at any time as root - kudzu

You might also want to back up /etc/modules.conf and then manually edit it
and remove any existing references to sound cards before you ever run kudzu.

Also, after you edit modules.conf, (or anytime you see the message -
Warning - your modules.conf is newer than /lib/modules-???) you probably
should run demod -a

Craig